Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Santa needs a bit of help, please ...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

One child (11) has his heart set on: A dock for Ipod nano ... that looks like a mushroom ... has strobe lights (maybe) because it apparently "changes colour". And while he's seen the AD on tv, I haven't - and I'm completely bewildered.

Have driven myself a tad nuts trying to look online but suspect I may be using the incorrect search words. Found one 'mushroom' thingie at the below link ... but somehow I suspect that isn't it (doesn't look like an MP docks anywhere?) ...

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_d...featureid=12364

If any ideas, I'd be ever so grateful ... Santa's life was easier when the children only wanted Hot Wheels and rocking horses - gentle smile.

Thanks so much,
Mara
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hello MaraM,

These products are usually quite hard to find. From what you describe it is an Ipod docking station. There are many different designs for this product made by quite a few companies. If it is possible, try finding out the make (ie JBL, Goodmans, Apple) this will narrow down the results to a manageable amount.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

With what I had to go on. This is the only mushroomy, color changing (via interchangable colored panels), ipoddy docking station device I found.

http://www.homedics.com/products/sensory/i...docknparty.html

Maybe if we had a brand name or store that carries such a device, to work with??

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

I found a variety of docks but I don't think there what your looking for.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/ca...t=0&Recs=10

Tell me if their are any that you think might be them
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#5 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:54 PM

How wonderful of all of you to help - thank you, thank you!!

I think perhaps the one at the link http://www.homedics.com/products/sensory/i...docknparty.html may be very similar ... it surely looks like a mushroom ... now to find the one that starts off black before it changes colours, etc.

Most frustrating - grin - when children make the assumption that Santa will know exactly what they want - ergo, why bother looking at the brand name, etc? :thumbsup:

Thanks again!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

From random research (out of absolute boredom), the one that Animal showed does indeed come in different colors. Of course, I don't know if those are interchangeable or if you only get one faceplate (or whatever they are).

After that, I'm not sure of anything else....

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

Laughing as I honestly don't know what 'boredom' is - gentle smile. (There's always those pesky toilets to scrub and floors to wash and people to feed :thumbsup: )

Not only have I driven myself a tad nuts finding the above, the other child has his heart set that Santa is bringing him 'Bakugan' - egad! Stores here literally sold out - stores within a 60 mile distance literally sold out. Now resigned to buying online and paying tons of shipping charges. Oh well, Santa lives on luckily - huge happy smile!

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Don't know if this helps, Mara,

but if you eat certain mushrooms

I've heard you see changing colored lights!

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#9 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Santa doesn't do drugs or eat funny mushrooms - grin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users