Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Left 4 Dead Locks up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mpaisley88

mpaisley88

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

ok guys, I just bought left for dead and its pretty sweet, the only problem is, I play it for about 15 minutes and my entire computer locks up and has to be restarted. I had the same problem with the demo so I went in and killed all the applications I have running over 8000 k and nothing works. My cpu temperature runs as high as 41 C when gaming, i've taken the side off of my tower to try to let it breath more, doesn't help. I've left all the display settings the same except for my screen resolution which supports 1280 X 1024. Here are my specs: nForce 4 GA K8N Pro-SLI, Nvidia 7800 GTX (1), 2 gigs ram, and AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2.21 Ghz which i've read is equivalent to an Intel 3.5Ghz or better so I meet the systm requirements, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pbfanatic321

pbfanatic321

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

My entire PC use to lock up when I was running Windows 2000, I doubt you're running that OS and I don't even think Left 4 Dead will play on that.

#3 sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Are you running a dual core processor or a single core? Even though some games claim they'll run on a big single core I've seen many that won't.
At a minimum I would plan on using a dually for any of the newer games.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:26 PM

try updating all drivers(sound,video,chipset)
also try scaning the RAM for errors with memtest or a other memory test app
as bad bad ram can make games freeze(used to make my starcraft freeze)

aslo update the game

Edited by starcraftmaster, 10 October 2009 - 11:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users