Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rebooting my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matty9376

matty9376

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Hiya peeps im new to all this and i have just rebooted my computer with a disk that i got off the person i bought the computer off ages ago and its booted up ok but then when it comes to the welcome screen it asks for a password but i totally have no idea wot this is. Now it wont let me do anything else like try another disk to reboot it with or anything, Just wondering if there was a way of turning this password thing off so it doesnt come up or if there is anything else i could do please, any help would be very helpfull, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Can you please give us a little more information.

What is this disk you are using to boot with?
Why are you booting off a disk?
Are you having problems booting normally?
Have you tried leaving the password blank and just pressing ENTER?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users