Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homeplug/Powerline PS3 & 360 woes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spree

spree

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

Hi, I hope someone can help as I've hit a wall and my modem manufacturer has gone strangely quiet

I have a ZyXEL P660 HWP router with homeplug av/powerline built in, and a pair of newlink nl-hp 200 homepug adapters, with automatic set up enabled, neither the ps3 or the xbox will find the network. i cna manually input the ip address of the router and the ps3 finds the connection, but i dont know how to find the dns and this is a requirement of the manual set up.

can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

Click on Start button > Run > and Type command cmd > Press enter key

C:\>ipconfig /all

Towards the bottom of the list will be your DNS
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 spree

spree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

thanks for that, i input the dns address as it appeared in the ipconfig to no avail.

any other ideas, am really starting to tear my hair out with this one, the router manufacturer are less than no use

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:35 AM

Are you able to connect a computer to the internet/network when using the home plugs?

Is it just the PS3 & xbox that arnt connecting? (also is this an xbox 360 or an old xbox)
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users