Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System volume on disk is corrupt

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 euroiplayer

euroiplayer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:38 AM

Hello,

I am having problems with Windows Vista and don't know what caused this.

When I turn on the computer, it brings that loading image with the green bars and then it restarts right after that. It does the same thing when I try to login in Safe Mode.

I ran System Repair many times, but it can't fix the problem. When I scroll all the way on the bottom of the report it says "system volume on disk is corrupt." I've also tried command prompt and have tried the following commands

Found these commands by searching on the net and thought might fix the problem so I gave it a shot and no luck.
bootrec /rebuild  - it didn't give me an option to types yes
then tried bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
ren C:\boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec  /rebuildbcd

I took the hard drive out, and plugged it on my other computer's external USB device and backed up my files onto that computer.

At last I gave up and though I should just do a fresh recovery, but I can't because I can't find the CD-Key. I checked everywhere for the CD-Key -- on the computer, to the CDs that came with the computer, and all the paperwork and couldn't find it anywhere.

So does anybody have a solution to fixing this OS, or how I can recover my CD-KEY at least with some program on a bootable CD?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

hi,,, on your pc somewhere there is a little sticker with the os product key,,, its usually a blueish green and pink thing with barcodes on it and says Micro$oft on it,,, at the bottom it says product key then the key follows,,, try this,,,,,
also open start menu, right click on computer and click properties and scroll to the bottom of page,,, it says product id,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 euroiplayer

euroiplayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

hi,,, on your pc somewhere there is a little sticker with the os product key,,, its usually a blueish green and pink thing with barcodes on it and says Micro$oft on it,,, at the bottom it says product key then the key follows,,, try this,,,,,
also open start menu, right click on computer and click properties and scroll to the bottom of page,,, it says product id,,,
good luck.

I mentioned on my post that there is no such sticker with the product key anywhere on the PC. I checked all around.

I know how I can get the product key if I would've been able to login to windows, but thats for the info. :huh:

Not much of a help :huh:

Anybody else can addon to this, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks

#4 euroiplayer

euroiplayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

Anybody have a solution??

#5 euroiplayer