Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot remove INVADER\LOADER,NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

Can you tell me what you see what happens when you open IE?
Possibly a screenshot?
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 eye2eye

eye2eye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Hi, sorry that it takes me so long to come back to this topic. holiday season can be quite busy sometimes. How is yours? here is what I see open IE.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
To attempt fixing network connectivity problems, click Tools, and then click "Diagnose Connection Problems..."

Other options to try:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

#18 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

Hi do you have an XP cd?

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#19 eye2eye

eye2eye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

yes i do

#20 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

Ok try this please.
Go to Start >Run type in this exactly (or copy\paste) in the run box sfc /scannow then hit ok.
It will check to make sure that all original files are intact if not it will prompt you for your cd.
If it prompts you then insert your cd then hit retry.
Let that scan finish and reboot and let me know how that goes.

#21 eye2eye

eye2eye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

Ok try this please.
Go to Start >Run type in this exactly (or copy\paste) in the run box sfc /scannow then hit ok.
It will check to make sure that all original files are intact if not it will prompt you for your cd.
If it prompts you then insert your cd then hit retry.
Let that scan finish and reboot and let me know how that goes.

geez YOU ARE SO FAST!!
I suddenly realized that I don't have a windows copy for this machine. This is a lenovo laptop, it runs the "one key recovery" type of thing. I do have a xp copy I use on other machine though. is that going to work?

#22 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

It will work as long as it is the same version of windows ex: Home or pro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users