Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just wanted to say thanks!


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve_

Steve_

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hello everyone. I just joined tonight, and actually just joined for the main reason to be able to say Thank you to everyone here.

I'll give you the short version so as not to bore everyone. But about 8 hours ago my broswer got hijacked and no matter what word I put into google with IE6 or Firefox it would bring up nothing but redirects to all these
advertising sites" like shopzilla, toolcart, homedecor bizrate and so on....

Well I had no idea as to what had happened because even though I do know a little bit about computers...honestly its just enough to be dangerous to myself because 20% of the time I can figure something out and fix it when theres a problem. The other 80% of the time it usually isnt too pretty :thumbsup:

Anyway...after spending 8+ hours searching for what to do since my browser was high jacked I was about at the end of my rope. I had ran Spybot, Stinger, Ad-Aware, my AVG program virus scan, Ccleaner, ran the Hijackthis scan and started messing with that as well. But after all of that I still was right where I was when I first started 8+ hour ago. Then I found on this site where someone had posted that they had a simular problem and they ended up running "Malwarebytes" and it fixed their problem. So I downloaded that program, ran it....and it found 2 trojans and two other threats. It fixed them I rebooted and everything is working tip top shape again!

So I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here and let you guys&gals know that your site here is a HUGE help. I really do appreciate the way so many people more knowledgeable in the ways of computers offer their help here. It saves many like myself a great deal of pain (and money as well).

Now that that problem is fixed I think I'll stick around and see if I cant learn a thing or two here as well.

Thanks again!

Steve

Edited by Steve_, 18 November 2008 - 03:12 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

    Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...


  • Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St Kilda, Dunedin. South Island. NZ
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:51 AM

Hi Steve.

Welcome to BleepingComputer. :thumbsup: :flowers:

That's what this site is all about, people helping people so thanks for sharing your experience.

Stick around and enjoy.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure


 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users