Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantic Email Proxy Pop-Up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 j_crespo

j_crespo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

I'm having problems with Symantic Email Proxy popups. I have run SEP and every online Virus scanner I can find. I have also run every dedicated virus removal tool I can find and several Anti-Spyware products. Nothing has been found. 'Hijack This' reveals nothing untoward.

This all started for me about one month ago. Having run the various scanners I tried System Restore and even a Ghost Image of some weeks previously, all to no avail. The 'Email Proxy' messages started again within 10 minutes.

My next move was to completely re-install Windows XP. Today the messages started again! I've been through all the scanners again as above with no detections. I've restored an Image of two days ago when everything was running OK. Again, the messages have started appearing at the rate of about ten per minute!

I have found several people with the same problem via Google, reporting it months or years ago in most cases, but nobody with a solution.

Please can someone help. I'm tearing out what little of my hair remains here!

Jose Crespo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users