Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.trojan.agent ... help please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bruce_m

bruce_m

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Hello,

I have been having some trouble with extremely high PF usage and pop ups... sound ads for "free laptop computers" running somewhere in the background.

I have run LS Adaware, and just before I have an unhandled exception, it show 1 infected file, if I stop the scan at that point, it will show me Win32.trojan.agent.

If I "remove" or quarantine this it will still come back.

Any suggestions?

WIN XP Pro .. sp3

Thanks,
Bruce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

Hello I am moving this from the XP forum to the Am I Infected forum...Please run this MBAM scan.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

Edited by boopme, 18 November 2008 - 12:10 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bruce_m

bruce_m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as instructed. Here is the log file posted below, before the restart/reboot.

I'll do that immediately after posting this reply.

Should I rescan?

11/18/2008 12:20:32 AM
mbam-log-2008-11-18 (00-20-32).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 72410
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 31 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 12
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\danuzihi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\parajami.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3b71dc85-1d83-4bf2-b900-e46e0b18d0b6} (Trojan.BHO.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3b71dc85-1d83-4bf2-b900-e46e0b18d0b6} (Trojan.BHO.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3b71dc85-1d83-4bf2-b900-e46e0b18d0b6} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\solution.solution (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\solution.solution.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{892b2785-b0d0-4aa2-ae6a-0ed60b00a979} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{99c6d1bb-7555-474c-91da-d8fb62a9cc75} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{00476c87-a276-49bf-86bc-ff005732430b} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{e81cf86b-f683-422a-b742-3f2427ea9d6a} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{99c6d1bb-7555-474c-91da-d8fb62a9cc75} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{99c6d1bb-7555-474c-91da-d8fb62a9cc75} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sefiramiza (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\parajami.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\parajami.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: system32\parajami.dll -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\danuzihi.dll (Trojan.BHO.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\parajami.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lafetupa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\Local Settings\Temp\6l18tYnl.exe (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lN5Qqfiw.exe.a_a (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 bruce_m

bruce_m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:30 AM

Also, when I first start up I get a pop up on the desktop that says:

Error loading C:\Windows\System32\yimogate.dll
The specific module could not be found.

What would this be? Is it related?

Bruce

#5 bruce_m

bruce_m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:44 AM

I went ahead and performed the quick scan after posting the above message.

All came back clear.

Do you think I got it?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1406
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/18/2008 12:41:41 AM
mbam-log-2008-11-18 (00-41-41).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 72131
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

Do you still get the error loading message and are the pop ups gone?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 bruce_m

bruce_m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

It appears that the pop ups have disappeared on the initial start up ... The one listed below does not show up.

>>> Error loading C:\Windows\System32\yimogate.dll
The specific module could not be found.

However,

My page file usage is back up pushing 1.5Gb, causing some things to slow down, as well as the intermittent "voice" pop up. One of them says .. " NOOOO WAYY !!!!" and the other just plays some music like the sound from a video game etc...

After last nite my pf usage was down in the 400-500k.

Still afraid something else is in there causing (or waiting to cause) more trouble.

Like I mentioned in the original post, LS Adaware had found the win32.trojan.agent and I had successfully quarantined that. But the LS Adaware won't complete the full scan without an exception error.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks,
Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users