Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with ad-hoc/internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eeeasytiger

eeeasytiger

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

I have recently set up an ad-hoc connection between my desktop computer and my laptop computer and everything was fine and I was sharing internet connection between computers with no troubles at all. However, it started to disconnect me from the internet all together and I have figured out that disconnecting the ad hoc connection and then reconnecting fixes the problem and I am once again able to connect to the internet again. I've never had this problem before and I was wondering if there's something in particular that I have to do to permanently fix this issue. My desktop is connected to the internet through cable and I just don't understand how when the ad hoc connection goes out that the entire internet connection goes out including the desktop's. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm not a genius on computers but I do know my fair share of stuff so please don't get annoyed if I ask you what you mean if you ask me a technical question about something, however, please don't hesitate to get technical =P

Thank you to whoever succeeds/attempts to help out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users