Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kbatc2105

kbatc2105

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:15 PM

I am beyond computer illiterate so I'll start with apologizing for my ignorance! :thumbsup: I have high speed dsl. When I'm trying to go to my bank's website to set up online bill pay I get a pop-up box that has a small header at the top that says "high speed internet provided by ya..." then the box below it is completely empty. This box comes up ALL the time when I'm online, but I can usually minimize it or get rid of it. However when I'm trying to go to the bank website and register for instance it will not let me proceed, so I'm unable to get to the next step in the process. I spent 40 minutes yesterday on the phone with my dsl provider only to have them wind up telling me that the problem was with internet explorer. So I went to the internet explorer website to make sure I had the most recent software as instructed. But when I tried to download the newest, it said I already have the newest software!!! :flowers: So now I'm back where I started not knowing why this box is always popping up and not being able to do the things online that I want to do. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I can make it stop?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddwtonigab001

ddwtonigab001

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

are you using pnc bank site?...who is your service provider?

#3 ddwtonigab001

ddwtonigab001

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:23 PM

have you turned on your pop up blocker also to prevent such annoying instances?...let me know if your unsire how to do this (turn on pop up blocker)

darren

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

Can you give us the PRECISE wording of the popup? Is your ISP "enhancing" IE with Yahoo add-ons?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:27 PM

Some Internet Banking sites require pop-ups to be enabled before you can proceed. Try putting the banks address in the exclusion list for pop-up blocking:

Access your pop-up blocking settings through:
Start>Control Panel>Internet Options Click on the Privacy tab.
At the bottom of the window is Pop-up Blocker with a tick box to block all pop-ups.
To add a site where pop-ups are allowed click the Settings button.
Type in the web address of the site that you want to permit pop-ups for and click Add.
Ok out of Internet Properties.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

It may be that you have not cleared out all the gunk SBC/Yahoo installs on your computer and the changes it makes to IE, so you are getting a popup that is caused by some leftover.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users