Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Virus in Windows Vista affecting all programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hero2287

Hero2287

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

So I have a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista Home Premium, 1.73GHz Intel Centrino, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. Recently I installed a voice-to-text program, Nuance Technologies Dragon Naturally Speaking Version 10, because I cannot type for long periods of time due to a broken arm. It worked fine for awhile, but lately it started to become very slow making typing extremely frustrating and sometimes it won't even recognize my voice. I downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and came up with about 24 infected files and registry keys which I fixed, but the problems persist. It isn't just the one prgram, my entire computer is running extremely slow, even after I optimized the system setting for performance. Is there anything I can use to get an even more thorough virus scan or just something that will kick Vista in the butt so it will run faster? I have used this forum before when my old computer got infected and you have given great help! I have never dealt with Vista though, so I figured I would start here! Thanks for any help you can offer! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Mod Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 17 November 2008 - 05:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hi Hero2287,

Please update and rerun Malwarebytes and post a fresh log. We will do our best to get you clean.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users