Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overheating? Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ericeric

ericeric

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

hi everyone. i didn't know where to post this, but since it's game related i'm posting it here.

i have a 2 year old dell 1505 laptop, w/ the 2.0gh dual core processor, 3gigs of ram, and the 256 video card (x1400), and i can't run games that i meet the system requirements for, or exceed them. for example, the witcher won't even load fully, nwn2 is super slow, and even the old warcraft III has slowdown due to how hot my computer gets when i play it. i have no viruses, and defrag regularly. if it's overheating that's the problem (my computer does get VERY hot and then slowdown everything) how can i fix it? it sounds like my fans working.... any help would be appreciated

Edited by ericeric, 17 November 2008 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

Try turning your computer off, and blowing compressed air (from a can) through the air vents and try to blow the dust out.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

the problem is, you probably are running something kind of difficult for the computer requiring it to pull as much memory out of it's system as possible, I am currently having this problem too in almost every game I run, my solution is every 10-20 minutes check the heat of the computer, place your hand over the side, if it feels really hot, not just plain warm, hot, then pull out the plug and let it cool down, you might have to switch your power scheme to power source optimized for this to work, or, if you have a competent computer (unlike mine) you might be able to make a new power scheme and tone down the performance forcing it to use less work to get the memory cooling it down. That ismy exprience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users