Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks for the good help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bob5525

bob5525

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

When my Windows machine began acting crazy with a whole lot of warnings and alerts to "scan for malware" and install virus protection software, etc., I knew that I had malware. I disconnected from the internet, restarted, and found that after restart my browser opened up and wanted to log on to the site www.soch-help.com. So I googled soch-help and found a likely answer on Bleeping Computer.

To make a long story short, I followed the instructions and downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found 36 (!) problems and fixed them all (after a restart). So I think I have escaped fully from any permanent harm, and will not have to wipe my hard disk and start over!

My son tells me that more than half of all computers are unwittingly in the hands of bad guys, running software in the background (usually spam senders).

I'm grateful to Bleeping Computer for their to-the-point help.

Thanks,

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hello and welcome to BC
Regards,

Alan.

#3 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

:flowers: to Bleeping Computer :trumpet:

Glad that you were able to save your system using the information here :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic