Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Pro 2009 Removal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cospringer

cospringer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

Infected with Antivirus Pro 2009. Was able to eliminate the popup ads and tray icon but still can't access any malware programs (Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Spybot) that are either resident on my computer or download and execute from external drives or desktop. Can't access websites associated with malware removal...Google diverts to other pages. I was able to run Hijackthis and get the attached log.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hello cospringer

Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:
========================
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 cospringer

cospringer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

I'm working with you from a different computer at work since mine won't let me access this site. Have downloaded RSIT.exe and emailed it to myself. Will try to execute it on my computer this evening and get back to you.

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

Ok.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#5 cospringer

cospringer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

Wouldn't let me execute RSIT.exe. Got an error message: "AutoIt Error. Line -1. Error: Error parsing function call"

#6 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

Before running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders.

Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser, do this also:
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser, do this also:
  • Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.
  • Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).
  • NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
===========================================
Download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.

Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
  • In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.
  • Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:
    • Reg - BotCheck
      File - Additional Folder Scans
      FIle - Lop check
      File - Purity Scan
      Under Basic scans:
      Rootkit Search -Yes
      Drivers -Non Microsoft
  • Do not change any other settings.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. Make sure that the first line is code with brackets around it [] and that the last line is /code with brackets around it [].

[color=purple][b]If, after posting, the l

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users