Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

userinit.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BecFUBAR

BecFUBAR

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:11 AM

Stuff I know:

That I've stuffed something up majorly.

I run Windows XP.

When I went to turn on my computer the normal logon screen came up, I types in my password and hit enter. Then I get a prompt about a "userinit.exe Application Error" and s "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application." After that I get my desktop without any icons, shortcuts, windows bar... or anything.

Stuff I don't know:

How to fix it?

After getting the message and trying to turn it on and off a couple times (without the result differing) I've turned it off and am waiting on advice.

Edited by BecFUBAR, 17 November 2008 - 05:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:37 AM

When you start you computer tap F2 like you are going to access Safe Mode, once the page opens use the up arrow to navigate up to Last known good configuration and hit enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BecFUBAR

BecFUBAR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

It's issuing the same prompt, even with the last good configuration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users