Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware - Can you please help me remove it?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 tienxviet

tienxviet

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:32 AM

I've recently I believe I've contracted many things. I think I have multiple virues, adware, and possibly some spyware. I've used AVG, SpyBot, and Ad-Aware to try to get rid of these symptoms. I've solved some issues, but I still remain to recieve excessive pop ups. I think I got this from my flash drive. Every computer I put it in seems to screw up. Could you help me save my computer? and if possible is there a way I can save my flash drive w/o spreading virues and what not. Thankyou, for you time.

-Tien

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

Hi tienxviet,

You need to have your flash drive scanned at the same time you clean the infected computer you're working on. There's also a flash drive cleaning program, and I'll post the program for that below, however, please note that it's not fully reliable or always effective. You may need to reformat your flash drive. If you need to use an external medium for transferring the installation programs for antimalware programs, then use a read only cd and download the programs only from recommended download sites.

It sounds like you have a lot of infections and they are of the type that can be cleaned out of your computer, so to begin with, please go through the instructions in This Topic and make a note of what works and what doesn't. When you finish with that, post in the HijackThis and Malware Removal Forum so they can help you get any remaining files out of your computer which may be left over. The problem with many viruses, is that they leave some files behind to get themselves started back up, and these need to be identified and removed manually. That's why the first steps should help you get your computer back into a working order, but the final steps require that someone knowledgeable help you at the end.

I see chewy posted the link for the flash drive utility in your other thread.

Zllio

Edited by Zllio, 17 November 2008 - 06:18 AM.

#3 tienxviet

tienxviet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thankyou, so much. I will get to it right away

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,958 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hello tienxviet,

I see that you have another topic in the Am I Infected forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180236/excessive-popups/

We do not allow more than one topic for the same computer and the same issue as this causes confusion, and in this case may make the disinfection process more difficult.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users