Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

irq conflict

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 illmatic

illmatic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

My D-Link Air Wireless PCI Adapter and SoundMax Digital Integrated Audio are sharing IRQ 17. In device manager it says that there is no conflict so under the resources tab for both soundmax and d-link i cannot uncheck the "use automatic settings" box. When I disable the d-link the sound obviously works fine but with them both working at the same time my computer skips every 45 seconds or so which is very annoying when I'm trying to listen to music. Can anyone help me change IRQ's for either one of these?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hi illmatic

What operating system are you using? Do you know the make and model number of your motherboard?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 illmatic

illmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:30 PM

XP and sorry I don't know the make or model number of my motherboard.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

You could download and run Everest Home Edition. Its a handy little program that will identify all your components and has links to drivers, monitors system temps etc. If you get your mobo type, let us know.

Another idea is to go into device manager, disable anything you don't use, like a modem or network card since your using wireless, and then uninstall and reinstall your wireless card. Disabling those devices will free up some IRQ's and then when you reinstall the wireless card, if you get lucky, you will get a new IRQ for it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 illmatic

illmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

the reinstalling did not work. I'm not sure if this is what you're asking for but my motherboard name is Dell Dimension 4600i. What should I look under in Everest for the make and model number if that is not what you were looking for?

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:46 PM

In Everest, under Menu, click the + beside Motherboard and highlight Motherboard in the list that goes down and on the right look for Motherboard name.

#7 illmatic

illmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

yea that's what it says next to motherboard name, dell dimension 4600i. oddly enough though i just tried playing music again and it hasn't skipped. the reinstalling didn't change the irq but i guess it fixed whatever problem there was. thanks.

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:39 PM

Well thats a bonus, thanks for posting back and letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users