Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BearPaw 1200cs Driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mol_Bolom

Mol_Bolom

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

I used to have the CD, but ummm, don't have it any more, anyway, now we only have a machine running windows Vista, as well as two Linux machines, anyway...We've been looking around for awhile and haven't really had much luck, would the XP drivers work on Vista as well?

Thanks...

bearpaw 1200cs flat top usb scanner

Edited by Mol_Bolom, 16 November 2008 - 05:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

XP drivers probably won't work in Vista because of it's different structure. That's why there are drivers specially made for Vista.

Have you checked the manufacturer's website?

#3 Mol_Bolom

Mol_Bolom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, just rechecked it again, just in case I might have missed something...And, nope...Guess there isn't a driver for Vista then...I wonder if there's a work around, or another driver that would function as well...Well, I'm sure I'll probably get in trouble from my wife for deleting windows XP in favor of Zenwalk linux, now, HA HA HA HA...

Anyway, thanks...

#4 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hmm...

Is the device currently attached to the computer or no?

#5 Mol_Bolom

Mol_Bolom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

It was, then after it wouldn't work, I tried it on Zenwalk just to see if xsane would load it, which it didn't either...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users