Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD drive failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

I have a SATA DH-16W1S Drive.(came stock in a dell) In cross flashing it to a lite on something, something failed and now all the drive does now is sit there and the LED on the front flashes. Everytime my computer restarts I get a message that there is an Uknown Device, and it cannot install it automatically(its gotta be the drive cuz theres no new peripherals added). Any ideas?
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

Is There a DVD or cd stuck in the drive?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Self evident but, find a suitable firmware/flasher that will let you flash the drive. Ignore any error messages and force the flash if necessary. Flash it back to stock if needed.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users