Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DestroyTracks and AlphaWiper.com (Please Help!)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 merrillito

merrillito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Can someone please assist me in getting rid of this crap on my laptop? I started out with a simple trojan that was redirecting me to Antivirus Pro2009. I downloaded MalWare Bytes and got rid of the trojan with no probs. These are the same steps that I performed on my girlfriends computer last week with the same Antivirus Pro 2009. After running Malware Bytes on hers, she is now good to go. She hasn't had any problems since. But since I ran MWB on mine, now I am getting redirected all the time to DestroyTracks.com and AlphaWiper.com. Are these hijacker sites? How do I get rid of them? Can someone please help me? It may be some easy fix that I haven't thought about. I have installed AVG Antivirus, AShampoo Firewall, and Spybot Search and Destroy. But still no prevail. I am a college student and use my laptop for assignments. But I can't research anything due to being redirected all the time to these site. Someone please help...Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

How to remove Antivirus Pro 2009 or AntivirusPro 2009 (Uninstall Instructions)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...ivirus-pro-2009

As per the uninstall link provided in previous post:

If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 November 2008 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users