Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Pro problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davel

davel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

Ok - Here's the thing, I have been infected with antivirus pro - I have AVG, Zone alarm & Spybot on my system (XP3) and discovered I have been infected. The first sign was that zone alarm showed it needed a re-boot, and AVG showed it was not updated. Found I could access the web a little, but discoverd that the keystrokes had changed - so If I tried to type in Malware - I would get Ma8wa4e. Tried to run Spybot, but I could not launch the program. Downloaded Malwarebytes as recommended on another PC - moved it to the infected one, and again could not launch it. AVG would sometimes work, sometimes not - but would always show certain items were inactive
Started to dig deeper reading the sites I could - and into he registry - and think I found the areas affected - deleted those, but I still have a few problems. I generally do not have any internet access. I am unable to launch most spyware/Malware except ad aware, I have lost the ability to do a system restore (only calendar date available is today) AVG avgwdsvc.exe still throws up problems, Finally I noted that I have a second "windows security center" icon within control panel - looks like the original, but shows the virus protection turned off and a handy link to the pro 2009 website - Not sure if this is a shortcut somewhere but will dig deeper - If anyone has any further advice they could offer I would be grateful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

Try renaming the MBAM file to something else,say Davel1. Then see if it wil run.
Please read this tutorial .
How to remove Antivirus Pro
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...ivirus-pro-2009
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 davel

davel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Thanks, That seemd to have done the trick - at least it has allowed me to open MBAM - Ran the prog and fixed any issues found. BUT - I do still have some residual issues - I have intermittent Internet explorer connection. I have found that Mb has picked up two "tdss" entries again so I still have work to be done - any thoughts

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

Are you running XP? please post the scan log so we can review it thanks.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users