Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inability for server to read Logical Drives.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Makaiton

Makaiton

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:39 AM

I don't mean to be flooding the forum with my insane workload in this school, but...

We had a power outage a day ago, and now our server (which I still know nothing about) is not finding a boot device to, well, boot.

Specifically:

The server begins to load normally up to the point where you see the Windows Family Server 2000 screen loading. Shortly after that, we get the Blue Screen of Death and get the following error log:

Stop: OX0000007B (OXF241B848, OXC0000034, OX00000000, 6X00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I'm told that this is the error message verbatim, but I will be checking on the message tomorrow and will edit my post accordingly if not (seeing as how I don't have time today).

Please keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about this network or it's server. Any utilities to find out more would help immensely. Thanks again.
All good things should be free. Unfortunately, the opposite statement is what holds true most often.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:12 AM

Hi Makaiton,

Slow in answering, so I don't know if you've already found your answer.

This is not a malware problem, but probably due to either a driver that got damaged or to a hardware problem. It can be fixed, but your thread needs to be posted in the software area or hardware areas.

Please let us know if you already found a solution to this problem and if so, what it was.
Thanks.

Zllio

#3 Makaiton

Makaiton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:45 AM

Sorry for the delayed response, I, like you all, am very busy.

Unfortunately, said problem was fixed when I was not in, and considering ninety percent of the staff here speak Mandarin, they're having trouble telling me what they did to solve the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they just kicked it a few times.

Sorry, that's all I know. Thanks anyway.
All good things should be free. Unfortunately, the opposite statement is what holds true most often.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

can you please confirm; is this at all related to the HJT log you have open?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=179839&hl=

#5 Makaiton

Makaiton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

Yes, it's related, but only in the context of it being the server for the school. The HJT log is directly related only to one computer that I've done a few things on to see if I can perform the same method of cleaning on the rest of them (without using harder measures such as HJT and combofix).

I don't feel bad in saying that the real problem with all these computers is the ignorance and negligence of it's caretakers.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

I'm treating this as one computer and you have a log posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, you should not continue to ask for help elsewhere Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

The BC Staff

Edited by garmanma, 25 November 2008 - 11:48 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users