Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gaara92

Gaara92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:16 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I ran ComboFix, I use this guide to use it bleepingcomputer combofix help, then when i restarted my computer, there;s been something missing at system tray...

OMG, Local Area Network icon is missing! I tried to go to Control Panel --> Network Connection, but I see no Network Card detected. After that, I click on Device Manager, I don't see any Network Card, then I click "Show Hidden Device".. Luckily, it was there...

But, where the LAN icon is gone? I tried to connect through the internet, but all was failed, any ideas or suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

Did you use the program with the supervision from someone who has been properly trained to use ComboFix? If not, you forgot to read the warning:

Due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

If you need help with malware removal, then please create a topic at one of the forums listed later in the guide and ask for help. As many forums will request a ComboFix log only if they feel it is necessary, you should not run ComboFix until you are asked to by a helper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users