Ok let me first outline what this cabal of adware,malware and trojans does to your computer.
1. instead of opening your hard drive in the same window as you initially had it in it opens a new one, (this didn't seem important at first but after I took a bite out of avenger with malwarebytes it denied my access to my main hard drive altogether so now I have to open it through the explore function, which still works for some reason
2. It tries to install Antivirus pro 2009 (FAKE!) on your comp, fortunately I was smart enough to close the download windows as quickly as they popped up.
3. One of the viruses in it is BrastK (there's a post on it elsewhere if you want to know the details.)
4. It keeps you from using the google search engine by redirecting you to meaningless sites every time you click on a link in google.
5. It stops you from accessing almost any site that has anything to do with legitimate antispyware programs by redirecting you to blank .phps. Luckily it didn't block EVERY site and I was able to find a site that would let me download malwarebytes and get rid of this thing. (It actually stopped me from accessing this website so you can all feel good knowing that your on the spyware peoples list
6.Gives you the blue screen of death occasionally and automatically reboots your computer.
7.Slows down your web browser Horribly!
8.Crashes your comp at weird and completely random times
9. Does not allow antispyware programs already on your comp to work (although I got by that by renaming the exe's which seems to work.)
ummmmm I think that might be it... sooo yeah, you don't want this on your comp, trust me! But if you do malwarebytes is pretty good at eradicating it.
When I first ran malwarebytes is detected 148 malicious programs
(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)
Edited by jgweed, 16 November 2008 - 10:11 AM.