Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

create SCSI HD Image file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazAddict

JazAddict

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:45 AM

I have a SCSI HD attached to my PC, but its disabled. In the disabled state I attach my Akai sampler to it, format it, and save samples there.

Before, when diskToFile (an imaging program) worked, I could disconnect my AKAI, enable the SCSI HD, and use the PC to create an image file on my PC's IDE of the Akai formatted SCSI drive including all the samples.

Since XP, DiskToFile returns an "unspecified Host Adaptor Error"....fine, there MUST be an XP compatible program to make an image file of my SCSI HD.

Then I could use my CD Burning program to burn that image to a CD.

Then I could take my Akai sampler to gigs and load the samples with a CD drive and the one CD rather than bunches of floppy disks.

At the moment, I can't even get XP to "show" the disk in the explorer. I've used "Disk Management", but unless I format the damn thing for PC (thereby losing all my AKAI samples) it won't show up. :thumbsup:

So the question is, how can I write the image of the Akai formatted SCSI HD to a file, and then the file to a CD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

I think the main question is how do you get the hard drive to be seen by xp. Have you installed the proper drivers for your scsi card?

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:21 AM

This is an external SCSI drive is it? What does an Akai sampler do and what does it format the drive as e.g. Fat32, NTFS, Fat16?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users