Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SuddenLink

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LCE

LCE

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:44 AM

Hi,
Right now I am currently using AOL Dial-up but am considering switching to SuddenLink and was wondering if I could get the opinions of those of you that are using this service?
Are they reliable?

Anything that you could let me know about SuddenLink would be greatly Appreciated.

Thank You
Les

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

I heard they are decent I have quiet a few friends who use SuddenLink for Internet. They haven't had any problems that they have told me about with them. They are reliable from what my friends say.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

I'm with VERIZON and have a Hughes SATCOMM link, but family in W.VA use Suddenlink and are satisfied - tho' I think they paying more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suddenlink_Communications for more information.

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 November 2008 - 04:27 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Here is a list of reviews at DSLReports: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Issue #454.Compiled weekly from ISP reviews received.

Scroll down to the heading of: CABLE Internet Providers and you will find SuddenLink the second from last listed. With their service scores provided from the reviews submitted.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Pete Abel

Pete Abel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Here is a list of reviews at DSLReports: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Issue #454.Compiled weekly from ISP reviews received.

Scroll down to the heading of: CABLE Internet Providers and you will find SuddenLink the second from last listed. With their service scores provided from the reviews submitted.

I'm with Suddenlink, in the corporate HQ office. A key point on the DSLReport reviews that may not be evident on first blush: Our ratio of positive to negative reviews has been steadily improving. There was a legacy set of issues from 2007, after we completed transition from prior owner. Those issues have now been resolved. We have also been actively working with customers experiencing individual issues and have turned many of those negatives into positives.

In the end, I'm obviously biased because I work for the company, but I hope anyone considering our service will keep two points in mind:
(1) Our base of Internet customers is growing consistently, month over month, suggesting that we must be doing something right.
(2) You don't have to agree to a set period of time to get our service, which means, if it doesn't meet your expectations, you can cancel at anytime, without penalty.

Edited by KoanYorel, 19 November 2008 - 10:23 AM.

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

Thank you PETE for responding here.
And for the edification as you see such.

I've edited your post to remove a solicitation.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 LCE

LCE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for all the reply's everyone.
After doing a lot of reading I think I will pass on SuddenLink and stay with Dial-up for now.

I Appreciate the input
Les

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users