Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Information on an Old Computer: MT-2400-24853C

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Salticidae

Salticidae

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

Hello Everybody,

I have come across an old computer model # MT-2400-24853C. I am impressed with my find, as this is the oldest machine I have seen since I started tinkering. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any information concerning specifications, manuals, or other information that would point me toward making this machine somewhat relevant and useful. I've listed all the info I could find below, and would appreciate any input, comments, or tips.

Motherboard: Found 4 serial numbers, 3 with a bar code, none of which mean anything to me.
201-00012200CC
Converted to 201-00023
6B563000305
B2048754

Processor:
Socket 7 with an Intel Pentium SY015

Memory:
Looks like it has 4 slots, 3 slots are bunched together, and the forth one is on its own, perhaps 1cm away. There were two rather unsophisticated looking RAM chips, both labeled MC-422000F32BA-60 9641SP0433

Riser Card: (At least I think its called a Riser Card).
P/N:30040-001 PWB REV:B01

Sound Card: (connected to the Riser Card)
ansc70908771 030275

Also had a power supply, cd rom, and floppy drive dated 1995, so i won't list them here.

That's all I've got.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:20 AM

Wow, that is old. Socket 7 was used in the original Pentium chips. Here's some info surrounding the CPU I found: SY015 (Intel Pentium 150MHz). A TigerDirect parts search lists the PC as an NEC model MT-2400-24853C, here's the list. I'm not sure how accurate any of this is, it is from so long ago. I'm having flashbacks to my first PC.....an old Crutchfield 386SX. I wonder what happened to it...

3939.png

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

Does the board have a FCC number?\
It's more than likely an old NEC or Packard Bell
http://tigerdirect.partsearch.com/Model/Su...240024853C.aspx
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Salticidae

Salticidae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

Does the board have a FCC number?\
It's more than likely an old NEC or Packard Bell
http://tigerdirect.partsearch.com/Model/Su...240024853C.aspx

I think one of the four numbers I listed with the motherboard might have been an FCC number. I will confirm that when I get home. Thanks for the reply. Those prices on tigerdirect are alot more expensive than I would have thought. Perhaps I might be able to sell this little gem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users