Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Paint. Files transferable and compatible with IMAC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hello November 15, 2008
Can some one advise if the Paint program in Windows is compatible with IMac?
I am considering changing from a PC but I have a lot of these files that I would need to transfer over. I still would need to be able to work with them.
I would prefer not having to run those programs that install a version of windows on the Mac
Thanks in advance for your help
Best Regards
Nawtheasta.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

If you saved them as bmp files any graphic software on a Mac will open them. I don't know about msp files though, maybe GIMP or Graphic Converter will recognize them. Here are some Mac graphic software that you should look at, commercial and freeware.
http://www.pure-mac.com/graphics.html
ou should also look at Paintbrush for Mac.

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

Do yourself a favor . . . download the Gimp. Pass on Paintbrush. :thumbsup:

#4 Start

Start

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

I do not know whether bmp is compatible with mac, but you can export the file to jpg, png, gif... Mac can open them. Hope that helps.

#5 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

I do not know whether bmp is compatible with mac, but you can export the file to jpg, png, gif... Mac can open them. Hope that helps.

Hello Start. BMP's are compatible with a Mac.

From the mac's Help viewer.

Using Windows files on a Mac
The most popular Mac applications use the exact same file formats as their Windows counterparts, making it easy to open and use files created on Windows PCs on your Mac. You can also share files using email, a network volume, recordable CDs, Zip disks, a .Mac iDisk, or other storage devices.

Some of the common file types are:

Productivity: plain text (.txt), rich text (.rtf), Word (.doc), Dbase (.dbf), Excel (.xls), PageMaker (.pm3, 4, 5, 6), PowerPoint (.ppt), Quark XPress (.qdx), Quicken (.qdf)
Media: MP3 (.mp3), AAC (.aac), AIFF (.aiff), ASF (.asf), AVI (.avi), MIDI (.midi), MPEG1, MPEG 2, and MPEG 4 video (.mpg, .mp2, .mp4), QuickTime Movie (.qt, .mov), Real Audio/Video (.ra, .ram), Wave Form Audio (.wav), Windows Media Audio and Video (.mwa, .wmv)
Graphics: BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), PICT (.pct), EPS (.eps), Photoshop (.ps), PostScript (.ps), PDF (.pdf)
Internet: HTML (.html, .htm), MIME (.mim, .mime), XML (.xml)
Compression: Stuffit (.sit) and ZIP (.zip)
Filename extensions are usually hidden in Mac OS X. To show the filename extension for all files, choose Finder > Preferences and select "Always show file extensions."

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users