Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi everyone :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IAmLinkGirl

IAmLinkGirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone...kewl website...it's gonna be great once I get a new computer (my sister fried my other one a year ago). Anyways, once I get that new computer, I'll prolly be visiting this site quite a bit!! I want to have a computer custom built...does anyone know what kind of places do that for people? Like, are there any particular places? Or is there a certain way to find them? Thank you!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

Hey there and welcome.
I can't tell you much about that since your in the U.S and im in brazil lol
So other people would have to tell you where you can get custom made pc's for less money

Thanks for joining us !

Regards,
Claudio

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

http://www.alienware.com/ I always thought these people built PCs that would be good. I don't know though, never did it. Comparison pricing with the parts only you can look here:

http://www.newegg.com/ and just in time for MOTHERBOARDS DAY .... :thumbsup:

welcome to BC, IAmLinkGirl

Depending on what area you live in, you might try the Froogle search by way of Google, try Computers, Computer Building, Computer Service, etc.

Usernet boards sometimes feature such services.
Best advice is to keep posting here as you go along.
Try some things, let us know, we'll suggest some more.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Woooooo phawgg Don't you think AW is a bit expensive lol over 5000 dollers... humm ..... :thumbsup: :flowers:

Regards,
Claudio

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

Take some time to go through the Hardware Forum and look for topics like "building a PC." I seem to remember some very good discussions there. You have several options:
1. Buy the parts (there are many internet stores for this) and have someone else build the computer.
2. Have a shop (or individual) buy the parts and build it for you.
3. Buy the parts and build it yourself (only a few tools are required and there are all sorts of instructions available on the web).

Depending on the size of the city where you live, there are usually computer repair shops that will either build one for you, or at least be able to recommend someone; the yellow pages or local newspapers are a good place to find people, as well.
Lastly, both Dell and Gateway will allow you to configure/design a computer, build it, and ship it to you.

Hope this helps you,
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

Woooooo phawgg Don't you think AW is a bit expensive lol over 5000 dollers... humm .....

quite a few for 600-900.00. Less than I paid to build mine, all things considered. I never saw the 5,000.00 ones.

I'd say you can expect to pay in that range. Custom build.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#7 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

Oh ok. Well yeah i thought you ment those for 5000....

LOL over 4ghz with build in chip and those kind of things "only for hardcore gamers" Thats what i thought you ment with AlienWare ...

Sorry lol

Regards,
Claudio

Edited by Papakid, 07 May 2005 - 10:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users