Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mousehs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chinatown

chinatown

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

This is a trojan/backdoor virus and I'm having a lot of trouble getting rid of it. What it does is constantly resets my homepage to a random "newgenlook" homepage, and every time it does that, it drops a bunch of short-cuts on my desktop. Anyone familiar with this virus and a way to clean it? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xerxes

Xerxes

• Banned
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

Hiya matey,

Run these 2 scans and let them fix whatever they want too:
Housecall Trendmicro
Panda ActiveScan

Run these 2 malware scanners:
Spybot:S&D Download
Ad-Aware SE Download

Download "HiJackThis"
and put in the HTJ Forum

Good luck.

Edited by Xerxes, 06 May 2005 - 02:41 PM.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

Another application you should download, update and run is the Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta
Microsoft Antispyware Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

#4 atygert

atygert

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:20 PM

This is a trojan/backdoor virus and I'm having a lot of trouble getting rid of it. What it does is constantly resets my homepage to a random "newgenlook" homepage, and every time it does that, it drops a bunch of short-cuts on my desktop. Anyone familiar with this virus and a way to clean it? Thanks in advance.

I was able to get rid of this byfirst disabling it in the services and then rebooting (log off did not fix it) once disabled and rebooted, virus scan was able to delete the file. I could not stop the service or the process, so this was the only way that worked for me.

I hope they start catching the mutants that put this bleep out on the web and hang them by their genitals (just my 2 cents.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users