Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application has generated an exception...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lsj0302

lsj0302

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:58 AM

I have an odd thing that has been going on with my computer for some time.

When I start it up (XP) and go to my user name I get a window that says:

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=Ox24c(588), Thread id=Ox658(1624). Click ok to terminate the application. Click cancel to debug."

I am not certain if the numbers in the process and thread ids are zeros or the letter O. I am not able to debug. So I click ok.

The process and thread ids change, and are not always the same.

Eventually I have to restart the computer because I cannot access Outlook Express or the Internet....the system just says "connecting" and it never does.

If there is anything you can help with I would appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xerxes

Xerxes

• Banned
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hello,

Did you try to scan with Spybot: Search&Destroy & Ad-Aware SE
Did you try to scan with Antivirus and Online antivirus scans such as Panda Acticescan, Trendmicro etc..

#3 lsj0302

lsj0302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

Hello,

I use Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware pretty regularly. I use AVG for anti-virus. At your suggestion I tried the Pandascan, and got a very long list of problems. Only a few could be disinfected. I saved the report to my desktop and here is what it looks like:
ncident Status Location

Spyware:Spyware/Cydoor No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\adcache
Adware:Adware/SaveNow No disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:Adware/Gator No disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Gain Publishing
Adware:Adware/MyWay No disinfected C:\Program Files\MySearch
Spyware:Spyware/BetterInet No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\susp.???
Adware:Adware/SAHAgent No disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:Adware/IPInsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\alchem.???
Adware:Adware/Twain-Tech No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys
Adware:Adware/SideStep No disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:Adware/TopSearch No disinfected C:\Program Files\kazaa\topsearch.dll
Adware:Adware/P2PNetworking No disinfected Windows Registry
Virus:Trj/WmvDownloader.A Disinfected C:\My Shared Folder\J-Kwon - Hood Hop - 3 - Tipsy.wma
Virus:Trj/WmvDownloader.A Disinfected C:\My Shared Folder\Maroon5 - This Love - Songs About Jane - 2.wma
Adware:Adware/TopSearch No disinfected C:\Program Files\Kazaa\TopSearch.dll
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\a.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\b.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ba.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bb.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bc.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bd.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\be.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bf.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bg.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bh.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bi.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bj.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bk.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bl.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bm.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bn.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bo.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bp.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bq.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\br.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bs.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bt.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bu.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bv.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bw.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bx.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\by.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\bz.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\c.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ca.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cb.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cc.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cd.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ce.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cf.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cg.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ch.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ci.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cj.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ck.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cl.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cm.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cn.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\co.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cp.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cq.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cr.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cs.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ct.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cu.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cv.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cx.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\cz.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\d.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\da.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\db.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dc.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dd.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\de.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\df.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\di.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dl.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dm.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dn.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dp.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dr.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ds.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dt.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\du.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dv.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dw.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dx.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dy.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\dz.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\ed.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\f.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\h.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\i.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\j.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\l.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\m.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\Main.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\n.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\p.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\q.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\r.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\s.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\t.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\u.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\w.class
Adware:Adware/TopMoxie No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\x.class
Adware:Adware/MoeMoney No disinfected C:\Program Files\LimeShop\System\Code\y.class
Adware:Adware/WurldMedia No disinfected C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\s4Setp.exe
Adware:Adware/IPInsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\alchem.ini
Adware:Adware/IPInsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\alchem.inf
Adware:Adware/SAHAgent No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\bi1.inf
Virus:Trj/Downloader.L Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\susp.inf
Adware:Adware/Twain-Tech No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\smdat32m.sys
Spyware:Spyware/BetterInet No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\susp.ini
Virus:W32/Spybot.MA.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSGinaV.bad
Adware:Adware/MediaTickets No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdel\staff.html
Adware:Adware/MediaTickets No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdel\x.bat
Virus:Trj/Multidropper.ADD Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tdbOs.dll
Sorry it is so long. Any suggestions on what to do next? I am freaking out here.

Thanks.

#4 Xerxes

Xerxes

• Banned
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

Perhaps you could try using Hijackthis:
HiJackThis

1- Create a new folder on your desktop named "HiJackThis"
2- Put Hijackthis.exe into that folder