Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 c0ex

c0ex

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

I have agp video card. It has only s-video out on it. I want to get it to work but cant get it the computer to detect it. Can anyone help me!
Xenon Microsystems Chromatic Mpact 2 Video Adapter
Im pretty sure that is the card. I have not installed any software nor do i have any!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish here. What do you want to hook the card up to. Or are you just trying to get the card working in windows? Did you download the drivers for it?

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

See if you can get the drivers here:

http://list.driverguide.com/list/company213/

If you don't know enough about the video card download and install Everest Home Edition which will identify all hardware (and software) in your computer.

Download
Here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.p...ang=en&pageid=3
or here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

What kind of video card has only an S-video port?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 c0ex

c0ex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:29 PM

I stil cant get it to work. Got any other solutions?

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:00 AM

You will need to find a driver for the card to operate correctly but if it works at all it should be deteted as some kind of device in Windows. Look in Device Manager for "Unknown" devices. I'd suggest you delete all your graphics adaptors and unknown devices, reboot and check again. If there is nothing there and no other reference to the video card I'd say your wasting your time.
However if this card occupies your AGP slot presumably you are viewing Windows through another graphics controller in a PCI slot perhaps. There may be some issues regarding two graphics controllers which cause windows to ignore the AGP. I'm getting a little hazy here but check your BIOS for initialization order of graphics adaptors. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users