Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default XP Color Settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trumpetsquirrel87

trumpetsquirrel87

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hello all, I'm new here.

I have a question:

We have windows XP home edition and our monitor is pretty old. It does have an updated graphics driver, however, which I just downloaded (it's an intel graphics media accelerator driver).

Everything works just fine, it's just that the screen is very dark. So I went in and changed the gamma/contrast/brightness settings on the graphics driver and got it to how I want it. That works fine as well, it's just that everytime you log off/on, turn the computer on in the morning, or run a full screen program it reverts back to the default settings.

I saved my settings as a scheme, but I don't know what to do from there. The weird part is that when I go into the graphics driver when it has reverted to the default settings, the settings it appears to be set on are the ones I want, but it's actually set on the default settings (even though mine are shown). If I simply click on one of the bars that adjusts the gamma/brigtness/contrast, even if I don't change it, the screen goes back to the settings that I want (the ones that are shown).

So, is there a way to have the screen always be the same gamma/brightness/contrast for every user and even when running a full screen program, without ever having to touch the driver again?

Thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:27 AM

Before messing with video settings in the driver, you should adjust brightness and contrast with the buttons on the monitor casing (assuming it has any).

#3 trumpetsquirrel87

trumpetsquirrel87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:33 AM

Sorry if I didn't make that clear....

the settings on the actual monitor casing are set to max already (brightness and contrast), and it is still too dark unless I change the video card settings. I think we will have to get a new monitor before too long. However, I would like to keep it as it is for awhile, and thus is my question. Anybody have any ideas?

#4 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

Hey trumpetsquirrel87 and welcome to BC!

Thanks for joining us
Now to your problem. Did you try refreashing the rate herz from the monitor?
If you havnt try that... and please tell me the make and the model of your monitor.

Regards,
Claudio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users