Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AT/AT Compatible BIOS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrdoner

jrdoner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

Hello to all,

I'm new here, but very much a verteran of all the weirdness Windows can throw at me.
Today I found a new problem in my IBM ThinkPad R4 with AT/AT comptible BIOS. I find that when I enter BIOS at startup, it will not let me change the boot order, which prevents me from booting from a CD ROM unless the hard drive is actually scrogged.

It tells me that I must have supervisory privileges to do this. I tried logging on as administrator (in Windows XP Professional), and then asking for a restart, and that did not work. Does anybody know how I get bleeping supervisory privileges for the BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

John Doner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:34 AM

On my laptop (admittedly a toshiba not an IBM) there's a message at bottom of screen at every boot-up which says "PRESS C TO BOOT FROM CD", so there's no need to change the BIOS boot sequence. I wonder if your laptop has a similar feature and you haven't noticed it during boot-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users