Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT log jazzymazzy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hello Folks,

Where do i begin?

I've had trouble logging onto the HJT forum as i couldn't find out where or how to log a post!

I'm pretty vigilant with spybot/adaware scans, but various online scans have provided a mix of results:

My OS is Win ME. I'm an intermediate user in a bit of a fix.I have Zone Alarm security Suite. I took my PC for it's healthcheck and was told there were viruses present that could not be removed, and was advised to reformat my hard drive. I did not want to do that. I ran a symantic online scan which revealed i was infected with Dialer Holistic. I downloaded spyblaster, and got in touch with ZA who provided a step by step walk through from cybercops? They also advised a 'byte' scan which revealed that my PC was infected with the MIRC Trojan Virus. In attempting the walkthrough i got a blue screen error linked to unintalling ZA which was detailed on the MS knowledge base.

I contacted microsoft, and an engineer spent 2 and a half hours trying to sort the problem. Eventually we unistalled ZA, and had to unistall IE6 and reinstall it.

i ran a Panda online scan which indicated i was also infected with adware/statblaster and spyware/searchcentrix.

I downloaded spyware doctor which found 'netvenda' was on my PC

After reintallation, i carried out another scan and both symantec and Trends micro online scans reported that i was 'virus free'.

Why do all these scans show different results? It's very frustrating!!!

I've had enough. Fortunately i downloaded HJT earlier on, because all i get now is 'you are not authorised to view this page' if i try to download CW shredder, so i'm sure my PC is infected.

I've got a HJT log - please can someone help!! I need to sort this out quickly.

Apologies for the length of the post....

Jazzymazzy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hi and welcome to the BC forums. We need a complete HijackThis (HJT) log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. After you done this please post the log into the forum "HijackThis Logs and Analysis" Forum now let's start.If you do not have a copy of HijackThis or do not have the latest version (1.99.1) then download it from here: HijackThis. Double-click on the file you just downloaded and click on the UnZip button to install the program. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ directory by default.

Start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.
And post it into your post in the "HijackThis Logs and Analysis"Hope ive helped you

Regard's
Claudio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users