Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imansgodmom1

imansgodmom1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

Does anyone know why, when I download something, and have clicked that it be "opened", my word processor opens and I see things like this below:

(I use Windows 98, AOL 9.0 security edition, have anti-virus, spyware protection, use dial-up connection, and just defragged last night.) (I wouldn't say I'm a beginner, but I'm not an intermediate just yet!)

Thank you in advance for any & all help you can give me-I'm frustrated & helpless!
Geni :thumbsup:
========================

PK ,{q.2k-> S % jd009 - myfreetemplates.com/jd009.psdzX Q c+

K,X i"tcD Kbo
H/Rv 3+
{wÌgyo;Y 3i3"2BP :,4HD7:$ֽqq zznDvt w[}AS[OOg ,-S|G?]੧4Q5kz B/
1!c []Qˋx'Gľia- a<x -17< Oba)
-3$hI6Kؘf&-As=PWWS LzR: ~xs

w#-n a! @'Aj ] ׃ w [xi1Z[A <<K[Wu Uz]ۗ6-m W{8o

qb
EZ~諽chp
/,smM!eIx?m5]nAtU1Mk=Ch8D[Q u-Dz % +r(6vW mmCO s Z
PwDP9 u1i*}-FPbdA os|
53oܲ} ;ZwźK{}":oC'
NV Vaab)
P1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

Looks like formatting information; what file extension are you downloading?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

We can tell you more if you tell us what kind of file you're opening. Is it music, pictures, something else? Your word processor is opening a binary file that was not intended to be viewed that way. The file you're trying to open can probably be opened with something on your computer, but whatever it's supposed to be is not what's opening it.

#4 caterbro

caterbro

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

for some reason, your PC has decided to open files in the word processing program, and you are seeing the best that it can do when translating binary code. not very good, huh?:thumbsup:

the reasons this happens are most likely these:

your word processor has accidentally become the default application for opening files of the type you are trying to download. try saving the file to your desktop and right clicking- use the "open with" command to try different programs.

you are opening files that are incorrectly labeled with a *.doc, *.txt, *.rtf, etc, extension. are you getting them in your email? they could be executable files disguised as .docs.

you do not have the proper program to read the file format, so Windows defaults to your word processor - if you are trying to look a particular kind of file and don't have a program designed to do that, then this could happen. for instance, if you are trying to veiw *.doc files (MS Word) and you only have Wordpad and/or MS Works Word Processor, this would happen.

that's about it- so what are the file types you are trying to download and where are you getting them from?

Edited by caterbro, 05 May 2005 - 05:41 PM.

Carl
----
Official puter fixer :D

#5 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

Just for sake of trying i'm thinking you are trying to open a .PSD file which is a (Adobe) PhotoShop Document. if this is the file which you can't open Please go to IrfanView and download this Free small program it is capable of opening/viewing .PSD Files

Question for you. are you doing Webpage Creation? this is the only resources i found on jd009.psd.

http://asuaf.org/~ee102team2/templates/jd0...s.com/jd009.htm
http://www.interspire.com/templates/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users