Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BATTERIES AND THEIR EXPIRATION DATE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roc1911

roc1911

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

I am posting this because of the up coming holidays, and we all buy batteries!
I needed a large amount of batteries, so instead of going to WallyWorld or something like I decided to look online.
Well, I found a bunch of good sites, but I also found a lot of good information,
This for your household batteries, From AAA to the square 9 volt
1) Expiration dates: if the package you pick up says they are good until 2016, you have fresh ones.
Batteries are made now with a 10 year shelf life. So if you pick up some that say they are good until 2014, they are already
4 years old.
2) If you are buying a large amount of batteries, it is my suggestion to go online and find them there. Example:
I bought 123A for $2.50 a piece, in the stores they will run $4 to $6.
Hope this makes your holiday a little better and less expensive.
Posted Image
Posted Image
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
TO KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND NOT TO DO IT,
IS TO BE WITHOUT COURAGE........CONFUCIUS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

Awesome great suggestion for buying batteries online! I usually purchase my batteries at Walmart. One suggestion I would make: buy rechargeable batteries if you are buying for yourself, it'll save you a lot of money down the road. Energizer rechargeables work great for me, the only problem I've been having is I loose them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users