Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"SACHS" replaces start button

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LisaD

LisaD

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:06 AM

A couple months ago I replaced my CRT monitor with an LCD. (HP LP 2065 20") At that time I began seeing strange things on the screen. When I wiggled the mouse to wake up the screen, the bottom blue taskbar looked like a gray stone wall. The word SACHS appeared to be "carved" into the "wall" where the start button would normally be. It has happened several times since then. Sometimes the wall will just go away when I move the mouse over it. it usually goes away in chunks and then disappears when I launch a program. I will attach a photo that I took of it.

The other thing that started happening was waking the computer up to find a blue screen with diagonal lines and horizontal lines that looked like stitching. When this screen appears, I have to hard crash the computer. I figured this might be a video card thing, so I just replaced it yesterday. However, I don't see how the SACHS thing could happen with a video card issue.

It happens totally at random. It could happen twice in one day and then not again for 3, 4, 7 days. It is also totally random whether I will find the blue screen or the SACHS wall.

Any thoughts? The original video card was a 7000 series NVIDIA card and the new one is a 9000 series. I am running XP professional, digital video cable. I know the computer is clean of viruses and malware because I just sent logs from my computer to that forum to make sure I was clean. "Extreme Boy" suggested I try this forum since he had never heard of it.

Lisa

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

This one beats the stuffing outta me! I'd suggest keeping the Processes tab of Task Manager open on your Desktop until this occurs. Then make a list of what processes are the most active at that time.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

Me too, Mate.

I can only suggest a Faulty Monitor.

Try returning it to where you bought it from for a Warrantee Check?

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users