Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winfast and Asrock K7S41GX

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 over60

over60

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

Winfast and Asrock K7S41GX
As my puter nears the end of its day, I have been given 2 puters by my son-in -law. These are from his business, worked fine on a daily basis but have stood 6 months with no power on and both are better spec. than mine and a better bet to spend a few bob on. Sadly , neither will boot up. One has a Winfast m/ board, 1GB of pc3200 ram. The other has an Asrock K7S41GX with 256 of Corsair MB 400 ? memory. As far as I can gleen from the net, the Winfast is ddr 400, whereas the Asrock is ddr 333, both better than my PCChips pc133 and which is giving me trouble. The problem is neither will boot up when using my hardware, monitor, k/board/ mouse , which I know are ok. The winfast shows no BIOS on the screen, although the cpu fan runs straight away, the DVD drive flashes a green light 3 times and that is it, have checked all cables, etc. and all seems ok. The Asrock, which has a 128 graphics card in , fan runs ok on cpu, red and green light come on on front of puter and remain on but no BIOS on screen, nothing, the Asrock has 2 drives which light up at switch on along with the red and green light on puter main switch, I thought the red light indicated HDD but HDD is silent. Any ideas would be much appreciated thank you in anticipation. The Winfast m/board has the number; WL WP53203944 PC 760 MO2 GX-GLS, who makes Winfast, can't find any spec. on this board.

Edited by garmanma, 05 November 2008 - 06:01 PM.
moved to appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Winfast is Foxconn
You don't hear any beeps of any pattern?
Usually when I have one that has me stumped, I remove everything from the case and run it on the bench using just the minimum and then add things back one at a time
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

Just to clarify...these boards do have CPUs installed properly with attendant heatsink/fan?

If so...do the fans on the CPU/heatsink spin when you attempt to boot?

...and you are using a known good power supply?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 06 November 2008 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users