Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda
for short), and I will be helping you with your log.
I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you still need help, post a new HijackThis log.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the
button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic
, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here
Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Run Scan with Kaspersky
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
. If for some reason you cannot complete this scan, skip it.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.
If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.
You can refer to this animation by sundavis.
- Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
- Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.
- Click on Accept and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.Save Uninstall List with HijackThis
- Double click the HijackThis icon on your desktop.
- If you see a while screen, click Main Menu at the middle bottom of the window, otherwise move onto the next step.
- Click Open the Misc Tools section.
- Under System tools, select Uninstall Manager....
- Near the bottom right, click Save list... and save uninstall_list.txt onto your desktop.
- Close out of HijackThis.
- Post back with uninstall_list.txt.
Post back with:
-the Kaspersky log
-the uninstall list
-a new HijackThis log
Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.
If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.
The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.