Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse click noise for no reason

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jimmie1978

jimmie1978

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

I've tried looking everywhere for a solution to this problem but can't find one, I'm hopeing that some one on here can solve it.

My PC makes 4 mouse click noises for no reason every minute or so. These click noises are the same sound as the one where as if you click on a link. These click noises seem to effect what I am doing, for example, I'm typing out my problem, when the click sounds, it seems to effect my curser as if I have click on some thing else, and it no longer types. This can be frustrating as I have to constantly look at my screen to see if I am still typing in the post or not. I can some times type away for minutes with out realising that nothing is coming up on the screen.

I know that you can turn the mouse clik noise off, but this will not solve the problem. I have run Norton but that can't seem to find any thing wrong, so please help.

If you want a hyjack list to solve this, some one has to talk me through that as well as I have no idea how to produce one.

This post has now taken me 10 mins to type due to that annoying clicking sound, so some one, please help me. :huh:

Edited by jimmie1978, 05 November 2008 - 12:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

Bump

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

First, I'd suggest a free, online scan to ensure that you're not infected. Here's a link to a list of some of them: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252

If you're not infected, the I'd suggest viewing the Processes tab of Task Manager (right click on the Task Bar and select it).
When the click sounds, see what image name is increasing CPU or Memory - that's likely to be the culprit.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

I have finally figured out what is causing the random mouse clicks but I have no idea how to fix it. I have been looking at the task manager and noticed that every time I get these clicks, bcont_nm.exe pops up and disapears when theclicks have finished.
Has any one got any suggestion to how to fix this?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

It seems to be associated with some sort of fixing software by a company called SupportSoft.
It's also used by TalkTalk, O2, Comcast Desktop Doctor, Postoffice for example.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

Could it be any sort of connection problems, cause from what your description of the program Usa, sounds like it's a kind of repairer.. I'd suggest scanning your computer right away anyways; it could be a virus..
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#7 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

I have nortan and windows defender running and it's not coming up with any issues. I am connected to the internet using o2 broadband though which Usasma has has suggested that it is linked in with that. It shouldn't be doing what it is doing though and it's really frustrating. I have googled and can't find any fixes, unless i'm blind. Any one with suggestions?

#8 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

See if you disconnect your internet if it still makes these noises.. I think 02 might have something related to it.

#9 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Bump

#10 jimmie1978

jimmie1978
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

Sorted it. The .exe file belonged to o2. All I had to do was uninstall the trouble shooting program and job done. Might get round to re-installing it one day, just to check out and see if it was corrupt or generally a pain in the arse. Thanks every one for your suggestions.

#11 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

No problem. Guess USA got it right on the spot. I think it was just a glitch. No program would make those noises ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users