Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop charging problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 remoulton

remoulton

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

The laptop is an Acer 3680. Apparently, the original AC adapter failed. The customer (unwisely) replaced this with a 'universal' unit from Radio Shack. When this too failed, she purchased a replacement from Acer. This does not work at all -- it neither operates the computer or charges the battery.

I suspect the internal circuitry which both runs the computer and charges the battery.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

I suspect the internal circuitry which both runs the computer and charges the battery.

Either that or the DC jack on the system board that the power adapter plugs into
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users