Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MiniBug threats

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherryshaffer

sherryshaffer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

Please help!

There are 4 MiniBug entries identified by Spybot Search and Destroy on my computer with Microsoft XP Home that cannot be removed because "the associated files are still in use (in memory). What can I do to remove them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

Do you have WeatherBug installed on your system? Wheatherbug shows as Minibug in a system that has WeatherBug installed. And is considered to be adware.

Try scanning and removing them while in safe mode.

If you have installed it yourself. And you choose to keep it. Leave them be.

If you did not install it yourself. (Sometimes it will sneak in on it's own) And you would like to remove it.

Remove it through Add/Remove within your control panel.

Edited by scarlett, 05 May 2005 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users