Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making Gmail default, is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

[topic="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175985&hl=default+email"]http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175985&hl=default+email[/topic]

I just read the above topic about not finding Yahoo mail as a default mailer. I have gmail, and also can not set it as the default. Is that because gmail is not installed but rather a site I go to?

I would llike to make gmail my default mailer, and have tried to add it in internet options, no luck. Is this even possible?

Sharon
PS did I do that link correctly? I could not find the topic ID anywhere on the page.

Edited by Sharonsthere, 05 November 2008 - 01:48 PM.

intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

See here >>Making Gmail your default mail application.

You won't actually see it show up in Internet Options but should still work.

Firefox users can use the Email This! Bookmarklet Extension . Once installed, open the Customize Toolbar & drag the Gmail This! icon (or whichever they wish to use) up to the Navigation Toolbar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users