Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Default Gateway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kflash

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

Hi there,
Today my default gateway suddenly changed from to when I turned on the comp, and now I can't access the router page nor does any of the other Lanned computers work. Please help ! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hi Kash,

Welcome to BC.

"Does any of the other Lanned computers work" What do you mean by this. Do you have any other computers to router through LAN. If so,Check if you can get onto router through them.

If none present then try to assign IP address static.
1) Start-->control panel--> Network connections--> (your)Lan card
2) Right click-->properties-->LAN properties--> (Tab)General selcect Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -->click properties
3) Change the default Gateway to yours and IP address put (for now) and subnet mask

Check if this works or else you can RESET the router to factory settings.

Hope this helps

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users