Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The best computer chair...How does anyone manage to work 8 hours a day at a computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

I have been doing some work online lately to earn money. As much as I hate messing with cows and would love to make some money online I have found out I cant stand the thought of so many hours in a computer chair.

I have had increased neck pain and lower back pain. My lower back locks up like after I sit for a while.

I can't stay at the computer for too long or I go nuts. My head starts to hurt from either looking at the screen or just sitting.

I get tired quicker when I sit and type....

Those are all side effects of computer use. I am just 19....I feel like a old man after sitting at the pc.

Anyways I had a chair for over a year that I got. A simple cheap chair. It hurt my back and so I got a new one for 100 bucks on sale. More cushion,higher back and a thick back. It was great for 4 months and now its bottom cushion has broke down(WHY OH WHY CANT I GET ONE TO LAST?) and now I don't love it.

The arm rests are too high so right under my shoulders sorta on my back my muscles get sore because of the position. This makes them so sore I cant lift heavy items as easy because of the soreness.

My lower back gets stiff and sore like it is now as I type.

I am thinking of getting a treadmill and walking while I type ha ha

I have heard of using a big ball and sit on it. Sitting I read is going to cause pain anyways as it puts pressure on your back.

So what can I do to help this? A better chair?

Anyone want to donate to help me get this?

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 04 November 2008 - 01:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:11 AM

There's some good advice here:

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users