Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problem with Port Forwarding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GuitaristPlayer08

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

I am running through a WRT150N router with a static IP.

Here is the first problem:
When I have no ports forwarded, port 23 (Telnet) is open. Does anyone know why this might be? Isn't it dangerous for a common port like this to be open?

Second problem:
When I try to forward ports, they do not work. I have disabled my routers firewall, my computers firewall, and enabled DMZ for my IP, but for whatever reason, when I do port test checks (with many different testers), it still says they are closed. Theoretically, shouldn't that open my computer to the internet completely? And should all of my ports be open? So far (all of the port testers) say they every port except port 23 is closed.

Thanks for any feedback!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users