Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m0364

m0364

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

My PC "hung up" earlier and after a re-boot I attempted to restart Outlook (2003). I keep getting the following message:
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

I am running Windows XP and have had this Outlook installed for a few years. I am not an expert by any means and have no idea what to do. I have had luck here in the past with system problems. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

There are several solutions that you can try at this link >> Cannot open Outlook.

#3 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

is your .pst file stored on a drive that may not have reconnected after the reboot.....you can check this by going to Control Panel --> Mail

look at your data files....these are all the .pst files you have connected to Outlook....you can choose to "open folder" which would show you the location of the selected or highlighted .pst file....if it was stored on a network drive then you can simply reconnect or re-map the drive.....hope this helps
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users