Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy help...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ph7ryan

ph7ryan

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

I just downloaded, and set up multiproxy, from multiproxy.org...

I have my web browser (chrome) set up to go through the proxy server...so i think....

I made a new internet connection, that connects through broadband, automatically detects settings, and gets the proxy address from 127.0.0.1 from port 8088....

So then after it says that it has tested everything, and under the settings menu, there are at least 10 anonymous servers with a little green light next to each....

Then I go to www.whatismyip.com, and there is my original ip....so I open up bitlord, which i have set up through this proxy server program, and start up a download (OF LEGAL COMICS MIND YOU), and there is a whole ton of log entries steaming through the connection box....this only happened when I downloaded something...when i stopped the download, the logging stopped...when i would go to google, or anything else, there would be no logging....

So I go to the built in bitlord browser, and go to whatismyip.com, and it comes up with my original ip....

I go into chrome, and alter the internet connection to get the proxy info from 127.0.0.2.... Theoretically this shouldn't work, and it would tell me something....well, I am now writing this post while getting my proxy info from 127.0.0.2 (MAJOR SARCASM THERE!!!)......

WHAT IS GOING ON...PLEASE HELP!!!!....THANKS... 66
U

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users